We take around a million steps a year, so it is not uncommon that our feet may become prone to injury, arthritis and other related problems.
In the State of New Mexico, Foot and Ankle Specialists of New Mexico is one of the largest, privately owned and independent podiatric centers.
Diabetic foot conditions have become one of the major health concerns in many parts of the world.
Foot and Ankle Specialists of Albuquerque New Mexico
The human foot is made of 112 ligaments, 33 joints and 28 bones. Covering a distance of 1,000 miles per year, on an average, it is also the one of the most over-worked parts of human body. Considering this complex anatomy and the amount of stress an average human foot has to deal with on a day to day basis, a certain amount of wear and tear is natural. This manifests in the form of a whole host of medical conditions that need the attention of competent foot and ankle specialists. At Foot and Ankle Specialists of New Mexico, we are committed to provide you just the kind of medical care you need and deserve.
Who Are We?
Formed in October 2010, the Foot and Ankle Specialists of New Mexico is a leading privately owned podiatric practice in the state of New Mexico, equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure, cutting edge medical technology and reputable board-certified physicians trained to handle a wide spectrum of foot and ankle related disorders – ranging from the most run-of-the-mill problems to serious medical conditions that require complex surgical interventions. Located in the heart of Albuquerque, the scope of our practice has grown by leaps and bounds over the past three-and-a-half years, and is today identified as a pioneer of leading edge care in the world of podiatric medicine.
What We Do?
Years of experience and expertise combined with the latest cutting edge technology allows us to offer a customized course of treatment to suit a patient’s individual requirements, goals and lifestyle. Some of our areas of expertise include reconstructive surgery, diabetic foot care, trauma surgery, sports medicine, geriatric foot and ankle treatment, pediatric foot care, and dermatologic care. In addition, we also specialize in surgical and conservative treatments for foot and ankle conditions such as tendon and toe injuries, diabetic foot ulcers, and chronic conditions such as arthritis.We also offer comprehensive services to manage conditions such as:
Heel Pain and Plantar Fasciitis: Plantar Fasciitis is one the prime causes of heel pain. This chronic condition affects the plantar fascia ligament that serves as a link between your heel and the front of the foot.Foot and Ankle Specialists of New Mexico are equipped to offer complete care and treatment for plantar fasciitis, including early diagnostic services, and both surgical and non-surgical options for managing the condition.
Hallux Valgus Bunion Deformity: Commonly referred to as Bunions, this medical condition pertains to an improper shift in the position of toe bones, resulting in acute pain and impaired foot function. The condition most commonly affects the big toe, and continued degeneration can lead to formation of a bump due to extra bone growth.
Chronic Ankle Instability: Ankle sprains are a common phenomenon for children and adults with an active lifestyle. It also qualifies as the most common of all foot injuries. A sprain refers to twisting of the ankle during high-powered activities such as running. Repeated spraining of the ankle can lead to chronic ankle instability, which can severely impact the way your foot rolls and thereby limits mobility.
Ingrown Toenails: Also known as Onychocryptosis, ingrown toenails refers to the tendency of toe nails to curve down and start growing into the surrounding skin. The condition most commonly affects the big toe and can seriously comprise a patient’s walking gait.
Tendon Injuries: Even the simplest foot actions such as walking or tip-toeing involve application of tendon movements. An injury to the tendons can not only be excruciatingly painful but also comprise a person’s mobility.
Why Choose Us?
Our skilled physicians, state-of-the-art technology, and advanced medical facilities are reason enough to make Foot and Ankle Specialists of New Mexico a name to reckon with. A few key features that set us apart from other foot and ankle care clinics are:
- Our team of podiatrists is equipped and trained to fit custom bracings, shoes and orthotics to patients
- We offer facilities such as our on-site shoe store and foot salon on the premises
- We entertain all major insurances such as Workcomp, and have tie-ups with leading names like Lovelace, BCBS and Presbyterian
- We also offer an on-site insurance team that assists patients with handling necessary paperwork for filing claims.
- We believe in patient-friendly practices such as a 24-hour appointment hotline, online registration forms and an online store to procure necessary foot and ankle support products.
- Foot & Ankle Specialists of New Mexico provides comprehensive rehabilitation, treatment and diagnosis services for all forms of foot and ankle problems. Our staff is well trained and consists of board-certified experienced surgeons, certified pedorthists, clinicians, podiatrists, and licensed technicians all of whom deliver comprehensive care to treat all the problems of the foot and ankle. All of our specialists within the center are highly trained in the surgical and nonsurgical care that covers a wide range of problems affecting the foot and ankle. Such additional problems handled include Plantar fasciitis and heel spurs, Reconstructive Surgery, Ligament Reconstruction, Rheumatologic Deformities, Orthotic Evaluation & Fitting, Diseases of the Skin and Nails, Bunion & Hammertoe Correction and Soft Tissue Masses.
- If you need to schedule an appointment please contact Foot & Ankle Specialists of New Mexico or visit them at 5111 Juan Tabo Blvd NE in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Call Foot and Ankle Specialists of New Mexico – Albuquerque at (505) 219-2940 to schedule a consultation.